August 7, 2012 by magpiemenina
Jaybird and I recently decided to belatedly join the smoothie craze as a means of having easy, healthy lunches away from home. We went and got the blender out of storage (we’re currently living in an extended stay hotel until we move to a more permanent posting). Our first smoothie was pretty average – some strawberries, bananas, milk, yogurt, and wheat germ. Jaybird made a great smoothie yesterday using some of last night’s dinner leftovers.
- 1/4 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 can sliced bartlett pears in light syrup
- a generous dash of orange juice
- a generous pinch of wheat germ
- 2 – 3 Tablespoons of applesauce
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1/2 – 1 cup water
- handful of washed Boston lettuce (all that was left from the Portobello Mushroom Avocado Burritos – see previous post)
Toss it all in the blender and pulse it until liquified. The ingredients may seem strange, but it tasted delicious – light and interesting.