February 1, 2013 by magpiemenina
I just found a few more pictures of the process for my last post, the sofa re-do, and have added them.
Here’s a quick dinner recipe. Normally, I don’t post recipes with specific store products, but I’m making an exception because this was a tasty hit.
Garlic Mussels and Pasta
1 package Mussels in Garlic Sauce from Aldi grocery store (in the frozen foods section)
1 1-lb. package of penne rigate pasta
1 cup peas
½ cup of all-natural dried tomatoes, broken small
1 tsp. garlic salt
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
½ cup fresh parsley or ¼ cup dried
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile, cook mussels according to package directions.
- At the same time, cook the peas separately.
- Drain peas and drain pasta.
- Drizzle pasta generously with olive oil. Mix together peas, tomatoes, garlic salt, black pepper, and parsley. Place in serving dish. Drizzle the cooking sauce from the mussels over the pasta and place mussels on top, discarding any that have not opened. Serve warm.